Medical Billing/Collections Team Lead (C470/Broadway)
We are a Colorado based Medical Billing Company that specializes in institutional (UB04) billing for dialysis facilities. We are also a healthcare software developer for an EHR package that resells and supports other software designed specifically for dialysis facilities.
We are searching for a medical billing professional to manage high level processes. Rather than focusing on the data entry and tedious practices, this person will be responsible for error free electronic batch filing. The medical billing specialist may interact with the software development team to establish better automated processes.
The full-time Medical Billing Specialist will assume daily billing responsibilities while being a team player who is willing to learn and grow within our health services team. Our exciting work environment requires self-directed, free-thinking, intelligent and highly motivated individuals who exercise excellent judgment in leadership and problem solving.
- Learning medical billing software setup options including the installation, training and support of third party billing software packages.
- Inspecting billing EOB’s for lost charges and associated insurance payment remittance advice for incorrect or non-payment of covered services.
- Maintaining a level of knowledge on Medicare rules and regulations relating to billing procedures.
- Maintaining Medicare billing compliance issues and assessing associated risk.
- Maintaining current facility billing policies and procedures for accuracy, timeliness and subsequent collection efforts.
- Maintaining new patient insurance verification process and subsequent confirmation of primary and secondary insurance coverage for coordination of benefits.
- Maintain pre-billing data collection procedures designed to collect and summarize daily patient treatment activity for routine and non-routine billing items plus submission of electronic UB04 medical billing claims
- Understanding insurance contracting and maintain timely filing issues for Private, Medicare and Medicaid patient related charges, and review rebilling and subsequent follow-up collection procedures on denials and appeals.
- Because of the specific nature of this position at least three years of medical billing experience is absolutely required for consideration.
- Having an understanding of UB04 claim forms, patient admissions and collection activities are key.
- A strong background using various computer software applications and familiarity with 837 electronic data filing and 835 electronic posting will be vital.
- Strong collection, organizational, written and verbal skills are a must.
- Must have a strong knowledge base of Microsoft based products, ie. Word and Excel
- Multitask orientated
Integral to these basic tasks is results driven follow through. We will provide an environment for learning and success, with plenty of support. Your ability to grow professionally will only be limited by your own boundaries.
For immediate consideration please forward your resume via email or fax it to: 303-972-9077.