Medical Billing and Payment Posting
We are a Colorado-based Medical Billing Company that specializes in institutional (UB04) billing for dialysis facilities. We are also a healthcare software developer for an EHR package that resells and supports other software designed specifically for dialysis facilities.
We are searching for an ambitious medical professional to join our team as a collection specialist working within a team atmosphere. Rather than focusing on the data entry and tedious practices, this person will be responsible for collection follow in an error-free electronic batch filing.. The medical billing collection specialist will work hand in hand with an experienced billing team lead.
The full-time Medical Collections Specialist will assume daily billing responsibilities while being a team player who is willing to learn and grow within our health services team. Our exciting work environment requires self-directed, free-thinking, intelligent and highly motivated individuals who exercise excellent judgment in leadership and problem solving.
• Inspecting billing EOB’s for lost charges and associated insurance payment remittance advice for incorrect or non-payment of covered services.
• Call insurance carriers and check various websites for status of accounts
• Maintaining a level of knowledge on Medicare rules and regulations relating to billing procedures.
• Maintaining Medicare billing compliance issues and assessing associated risk.
• Maintaining current facility billing policies and procedures for accuracy, timeliness and subsequent collection efforts.
• Understanding insurance contracting and maintain timely filing issues for Private, Medicare and Medicaid patient related charges, and review rebilling and subsequent follow-up collection procedures on denials and appeals.
• Because of the specific nature of this position, at least one year of medical billing experience is absolutely required for consideration.
• Having an understanding of UB04 claim forms, patient admissions and collection activities are key.
• A strong background using various computer software applications and familiarity with 837 electronic data filing and 835 electronic posting will be vital.
• Strong collection, organizational, written and verbal skills are a must.
Integral to these basic tasks is results driven follow through. We will provide an environment for learning and success, with plenty of support. Your ability to grow professionally will only be limited by your own boundaries.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume below or fax it to: 303-972-9077.